3DBio Therapeutics is a biologics and bioprinting company with a focus on regenerative medicine that precision manufactures living tissues to allow replacement of each individual patient’s parts with tissues designed and created specifically for them. 3DBio has developed unique capabilities toward the creation of living tissue implants for therapeutic applications. The technology platforms include a full suite of features to meet the FDA’s requirements for therapeutic manufacturing, including novel and proprietary: 3D-bioprinter (GMPrint™), bio-ink (ColVivo™), and cell processes. In pre-clinical studies the platform has demonstrated the ability to generate functioning living tissues.
Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for the characterization of materials, components, final prototypes and products for bioengineered regenerative medicine products. They will work with existing test methods and develop new methods for evaluating novel biomaterials within a regulated environment.
The Product Development Engineer will be an integral part of the product development team through their implementation of the tests and their critical analyses as part of experiments designed to develop products to meet their intended purpose.
- Contribute to the identification of suitable standardized test and design and development of any new tests necessary to evaluate prototypes based on design requirements
- Apply expertise in test method development and mechanical and analytical testing to setup and execute tests to characterize physical properties of prototypes
- Prepare documentation including work instructions, test methods and SOPs.
- Responsible for procurement, qualification and maintenance of all equipment used in product testing using good documentation practice
- Identify test methods and execute testing for raw materials and product stability
- Support development activities, execute experiments and analyze test data, interpret results and formulate conclusions and reports
- Support prototype preparation for animal studies for safety and efficacy, product stability study, design verification and packaging validation.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Bioengineering, Chemistry, Material’s Science, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience: 2-5 years related Medical device or Biotechnology experience
- Demonstrated expertise with material property assessment of biological tissues and biomaterials for tissue engineering application
- Hands-on experience with prototyping and testing of biomaterial formulation, preferably collagen-based hydrogel for tissue repair and regeneration
- Proficient in CAD design, basic statistics and control software
- Experience in designing and fabricating test fixtures, setting up and maintaining equipment
- Adequate computer skills for data acquisition and analysis
To learn more about 3DBio, please visit our website: https://3dbiocorp.com/