Senior Biomedical Engineer
3DBio Therapeutics is a biologics and bioprinting company with a focus on regenerative medicine that precision manufactures living tissues to allow replacement of each individual patient’s parts with tissues designed and created specifically for them. 3DBio has developed unique capabilities toward the creation of living tissue implants for therapeutic applications. The technology platforms include a full suite of features to meet the FDA’s requirements for therapeutic manufacturing, including novel and proprietary: 3D-bioprinter (GMPrint™), bio-ink (ColVivo™), and cell processes. In pre-clinical studies the platform has demonstrated the ability to generate functioning living tissues.
The Senior Biomedical Engineer/Scientist will be responsible for applying their knowledge of science and engineering to the design, development and translation of biological products and technologies. They will work with other scientists and engineers on staff in cross functional project teams to research, design and evaluate new technologies and products.
- Apply expertise in biomedical engineering, developmental and/or molecular biology to design and develop new methods and procedures for biological products, ultimately supporting technology and product development.
- Lead exploratory research and the identification of new products.
- Lead the technology transfer of developed products from R&D to the clinic.
- Responsible for identifying and partnering with external CROs for assay design, and experimental execution.
- Work with regulatory to support IND filings for all related components of an IND.
- Experimental design – Design and execute experiments
- Test protocols and test reports documenting the performance of prototypes at benchtop and in-vivo testing.
- Prepares materials for experiments including prototypes for testing
- Performs data collection supporting test protocols
- Performs data analysis on experimental results
- Assists in any and all R&D activities across teams as necessary based on priorities and needs of the business
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Developmental Biology or related field with relevant experience.
- Experience with cell culture and protein assays
- Experience with tissues, cells, and bioprinting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a group setting with minimal direction the flexibility to adjust to workload based upon changing priorities.
- Analytics / Statistics
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Planning and time management